Saturday, September 3, 2011

my road to becoming a dental hygienist

why dental hygiene for me:
1. good money
2. good schedule (average work week is 4 days)
3. get to work with my hands (not sit at a desk)
4. get to work with people

so with about that much knowledge about dental hygiene i decided that was the right choice for me. then i started working on my prerequisites which i finished two years ago.i decided to get a job working in the dental field to make sure that i liked it and i have been working as a dental assistant for the past 2 and a half years. i love the dental profession and am excited about this time in my life. now i am in hygiene school. i have survived my first weeks and i really do love it. its hard, i just hide out in my house studying ALL the time. but it is going to be worth it. it is really nice to be in my program and be studying about things i actually want to know!!! i have a very supportive group of family and friends who are making all this possible for me. without the help of everyone (you know who you are) i would not be able to attend school and have Peyton well taken care of. well back to studying. Peace!

No comments: